View Thread

Print Thread
Sweet Cruse Family
theb1tch
Hi

Am looking for any information on Richard Sweete Cruse he worked at Glenarm, Ballygrott and Greypoint Coastguard Stations, retired as Chief Officer in 1860's from Ballygrott Crawfordsburn. He was born at Clonakilty Coastguard Station around 1809. His Children William, John & Richard Sweete Cruse were all Coastguards, known Locations are: Strangford, Killough, Annalong, Bangor: Clandeboye, Orloke, Groomsport, Cairncastle, Ballygally, Ballycastle and Torr Head.

Some of the family used the name Sweete (Sweet) others just Cruse (Cruise, Creuse, Crews) while some used Sweete Cruse or Cruse Sweet.

Any information would be wonderful.

Thankyou

caro
Hi, just found this website and just starting to try and trace my family tree, and got a nice surprise to see someone else trying to track the sweet cruses. I've traced my family back to ?Richard sweet cruse via his son William sweet cruse married to Elizabeth Austin. They had a daughter Sarah cruse (b. 27 Oct 1879) who is my great grandmother.

Would love to share what limited information I have with you.

Cheers

Caro

theb1tch
Hi Caro

I would love to see what info you have, I'm afraid that I know very little, Richard Sweete Cruse was my Gt Gt Gt Grandfather, I am related through his son Joseph. Like yourself I am just starting out and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Look forward to your reply.

Jump to Forum: