View Thread

Print Thread
Blacksod Bay - John Fagg 1904-1912
Eileen Moran
Hi all, I was wondering if anyone had any information on my Grandfather John Fagg, he was stationed in Blacksod Bay Co Mayo approx 1904 to 1912 and was in Keelin in Co. Donegal before that. As far as I know he was in the Royal Navy before joining the coastguard in Ireland

Thank you
Eileen Moran
Edited by Eileen Moran on 06/06/2018 16:16

crimea1854
Welcome to the forum Eileen.

I don't know what you already have, but a good starting point would be his navy service record. This can be downloaded for a small fee from the National Archives (http://discovery....r/D6654758) or is available on the pay to view site Ancestry. In addition to providing details of his service it also notes the award of his Long Service Good Conduct Medal; I also checked the WW1 medal roll that notes the award of the British War Medal.

You should also look in the download section of this site, specifically the 1901 census for County Donegal, here it lists his wife and daughter.

I've checked the other CG records without any success.

Hope this helps
Martin

Eileen Moran
My Father Victor Fagg was born in Blacksod Bay Co Mayo in 1906 and his sister Violet was born in Co Donegal approx 1898. The family moved to Glasson Athlone Co.Westmeath approx 1911

My grandfather was one of a family of 14 and came from Kent

Jump to Forum: