View Thread

Print Thread
Patrick O'Brien - Youghal Coastguard
Brett
Hi there, I have recently moved to Co. Mayo & was hoping to find out some information about my Great Grandad who was a coastguard stationed at Youghal in the late 1800's early 1900's. His name was Patrick O'Brien & was married to Hannah (Lewis), I know of 2 children who were my Grandad Patrick Joseph O'Brien born 5/4/1915 & his sister May. He moved to be a coastguard in Budleigh Salterton (Devon, UK) shortly after 1915. Many thanks, Brett

crimea1854
Brett welcome to the forum.

I found his CG service record in ADM 175/83B pdfs 523/524. I'm pretty sure I have the right man, because there is the birth of a male child recorded on 5/4/1915.

Using his service number I found his record on Ancestry, but if you don't have a subscription you could purchase it off the NA website for a small fee: http://discovery....r/D7132830

From the medal roll he received a British War Medal for his service during WW1, and his service record makes reference to Traced Medal which indicates he received the RN Long Service Good Conduct Medal.

Hope this helps.

Martin

Brett
That's great thank-you very much for your help, I don't suppose you would know how I could find out more about his service at Budleigh Salterton in Devon do you?
Thanks again

Jump to Forum: