View Thread

Print Thread
CHASTY Family
DarrenC
Hi,

I have been trying to find information, apart from the Census, on my relatives who served as Coastguards.

Edward Chasty Edward was a Btn. (1901)

James Chasty James was a Chf. Btn (1901) & C.P.O (1911)

If anyone can help me with anything, I would appreciate it. We live in Australia so I cannot get to any possible records to physically see them.

Thanks,
Darren

crimea1854
Darren welcome to the Forum.

For the period you are interested in your best bet is to purchase their service records from the National Archives (£3.30 each). I suspect your two men are the first on the list: http://discovery....mage1.y=18

These won't contain any family information, but you will know a little more of their careers.

Martin

DarrenC
Thank you for the tip Martin. Will look into it.
Thank god for internet some days as living on the other side of the world makes visiting places a little bit hard.

Kind regards,
Darren

mfchasty
I think I may be able to give you some information. My great grandfather's name was Edward Chasty who was in the coastguards in Ireland during the period you mention. If it sounds like this could be the same Edward Chasty you can reply here, I may have more information that might be of interest.

Merged on 14/02/2015 10:45:21:
DarrenC wrote:

Hi,

I have been trying to find information, apart from the Census, on my relatives who served as Coastguards.

Edward Chasty Edward was a Btn. (1901)

James Chasty James was a Chf. Btn (1901) & C.P.O (1911)

If anyone can help me with anything, I would appreciate it. We live in Australia so I cannot get to any possible records to physically see them.

Thanks,
Darren

Edited by mfchasty on 14/02/2015 10:45

Jump to Forum: