View Thread

Print Thread
Andrew and William Manning - Coastguards
watfordp
Hi all,

Andrew the father and William the son. Can anyone help with finding William's siblings, if any?

The William Manning I am trying to trace has been established from the following
William Manning married Emma Jane Foss =
Marriage Certificate 4th November 1882 Bideford District, Dorset he aged 27 born 1855 and she aged 26 born 1856, and William’s father was recorded as -Andrew Manning ‘Coastguard Pensioner’
William Manning was the father of Ethel May Winifred Manning (Birth Certificate dated 19 August 1883 Seatown, Chideock)

Any advices welcome!

Philip

Gill
Hi
I have just come across your post and seen what info you have i am going down the line of Emma Jane Foss who married a William Manning i myself was also having trouble finding him, i have not got the Marriage Certificate or there daughter's birth Cert but did find the Baptism. After reading your post i found it most intriguing so began a search Here goes

Emma Jane died in 1890 Ethel (called Mary Manning on both census) lived with her grandparents on the 1891 census and her Grandmother on the 1901 census they were named William Hiscock Foss (1828)Chideock and Jane Elizabeth Allen (1832) Symondsbury ,Emma Jane Foss parents. On the 1891 census William Manning was in Burton Bradstock as a Coastguard a widower also said he was born in Ireland, he died in 1893 Burton Bradstock, i found on the GENUKI Coastguards site his name which confirmed Emma Jane had died before 1891. This made me go further and on the National Archives site i looked for Royal Navy/Coastguard records and came across a William Manning born on the 5 November 1855 in Achill,Co Mayo,Ireland it gave his parents signature as Andrew Manning and Winifred Manning sadly at this time my printer run out of ink and i am now having problems printing 15/16 pages out i can tell you his No was 15559 and he joined i believe on the 24 Jan 1871.
I do not know how much of this info you have but i do hope it helps.
Gill

crimea1854
Gill

I wonder if you've seen the other thread on this family?

http://www.coastg...#post_3296

According to his navy service record he first signed on using the name Thomas Mennon.

Martin

Gill
Thank you Martin i had not seen it i will have a look into it.

Gill

Jump to Forum: